Welcome to the 33rd Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics
The 33rd Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics (33rd SNH) will be held in Osaka, Japan, from Sunday, October 18th through Friday, October 23rd, 2020.
The Symposium is co-sponsored by the U.S. Office of Naval Research (ONR) and the Department of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering of Osaka University (OU).
As a global forum for networking and sharing advancements in cutting edge science and technology since its inception in 1956, this biennial symposium has focused on research and development in fluid mechanics as they relate to naval hydrodynamics.
We look forward to welcoming you at the 33rd Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics in Osaka.
Dr. Ki-Han Kim, U.S. Office of Naval Research
Prof. Masashi Kashiwagi, Osaka University
News[ Archives ]
- October 3 - 2020
- The registration for participating in the Virtual Symposium was closed, and we started sending the information on the preprint papers and presentation videos to those registrants.
- August 27 - 2020
- The technical program for the Virtual Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics is ready. Please visit the page of Technical Program and download the PDF file of the program.
- August 17 - 2020
- The online registration form is prepared for the VS and ready to open. Please visit the page of Registration to register your participation in the VS. The presentation guidance for the authors of accepted papers will be delivered shortly to the corresponding author from the SNH secretary.
- July 9 - 2020
- The 33rd SNH Organizing and Papers Selection Committee (OPC) started considering to hold the 33rd SNH as a Virtual Symposium (VS) during the week of October 19, 2020.
- March 12 - 2020
- In light of the international concerns over COVID-19, the 33rd SNH Organizing and Papers Selection Committee (OPC) has decided to reschedule the 33rd SNH to the period from October 18 (Sunday) through October 23 (Friday), 2020. Please check the page of Important Dates. The venue remains the same at Senri-Hankyu Hotel, Osaka, Japan.
- March 5 - 2020
- The 33rd SNH Organizing and Papers Selection Committee (OPC) has been closely following recent international news regarding the COVID-19 (corona virus). Several contingent plans are being carefully considered. In order to minimize any potential impacts to travel plans and schedules, updates and news will be posted to this website as it becomes available.
- January 15 - 2020
- Registration for participation started.
- October 23 - 2019
- Invited speakers decided and their information uploaded.
- September 20 - 2019
- Reservation form for Senri Hankyu Hotel was prepared and uploaded.